Information for British nationals intending to marry in Thailand.

List of documents for Marriage and Registration in Thailand

    • Affirmation of Marital Status Application Form. 
    • Passport and copy of your passport also page with visa.
    • Original decree absolute or PDF and covering letter or email from the court, if applicable. For all divorces registered outside the UK, you will need to provide evidence that you or your former spouse were residents of the country where the divorce took place.
    • UK Driving License or Proof of your residence (Tax payment, Bank Statement).
    • The following people for reference purposes (Needs: Name, Address and Telephone of your friend or family or Employer in UK)

The process: Need 7-10 in Business days Remark: Don’t forget to check Thai public holidays.

    • Apply Affirmation of marital status(Fee 50 GBP) and Certified true copy your passport (25 GBP) to UK Embassy in Bangkok for Certified (Total Embassy Fee(s) 75 GBP)
    • Translation with Certification by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    • Summit document with Thai District Registration office
    • Marriage & Registration at Thai District (Get Certificate of Marriage in Thai and English (Kho Ro.2, Kho Ro.3 Form) 

More in formation >>> https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/thailand


    1. บัตรปรชาชนตัวจริง
    2. สำเนาทะเบียนบ้าน
    3. ใบเปลี่ยนชื่อ (ช.3) และหรือใบเปลี่ยนนามสกุล (ช.5) ถ้าเคยเปลี่ยนชื่อหรือนามสกุล
    4. ใบสำคัญการหย่า (คร.7)  และหรือ ทะเบียนการหย่า (คร.6) ถ้าเคยหย่าร้าง
    5. มรณบัตร (กรณีคู่สมรสเดิมเสียชีวิต)

กรณีหย่าร้างไม่เกิน 310 วันจะต้องมีใบรับรองแพทย์ประกอบว่าไม่พบการตั้งครรภ์

กรณีหม้าย จะต้องแจ้งการเสียชีวิตของอดีตคู่สมรสในทะเบียนสมรสและมีการทำบันทึก สิ้นสุดการสมรสเนื่องจากคู่สมรสเดิมเสียชีวิต และต้องกลับมาใช้นามสกุลเดิมของตนเอง

Comments are closed.